Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Small Things

Today I came home to a sink-gadget hack, courtesy of my husband:


I do realize that this rack isn't sexy, but I've been struggling to figure out a way to dry my re-cycled juice bottles (after washing 2x with soap and warm water, followed by boiling water) without breaking them.

Scott reshaped this "small spaces" gizmo to hold 5 bottles, stably, over the heating vent. I like to completely and quickly dry the reused bottles, prior to refilling, and this does the trick perfectly. Wonder how I'll manage this in the summer...

Just want to say how much I appreciate Scott's thoughtfulness. I clean at least 4 bottles every other day so I need an efficient system - after all, systems make the world run (I'm Swiss at my core). I've always loathed Valentine's Day (I think it's utterly stupid) but, as far as I'm concerned, this small gift captures love's true nature.

Pragmatists really should stick together.

7 comments:

  1. That's the kind of romantic that counts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How thoughtful of Scott! I am all in favor of gifts that make life easier.

    Tom bought me a badly needed new set of tires for my car last Christmas. I was thrilled, but I have heard that this is the type of gift that often makes women cry. I just told people "nothing is more unromantic than having a tire blow-out and crashing my car." They did not know what to say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was so thoughtful. I've been trying to figure out a method and I didn't even think he'd noticed (I didn't really talk about it.) And I love your story! It's so true - nothing is less romantic than a tire blow-out!

      Delete
  3. Aww, what a sweetheart! This is the best kind of gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I'd swoon for gifts like that too. It's quite thoughtful and that's what counts. It seems with the new house we haven't accrued property taxes to cover the first bill so our Valentine's gift to each other was paying that off. Eh, it works for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh. I remember that happening when I moved. It's good. A new home is a lovely Valentine's gift :-)

      Delete